Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.
October 29th, 2014

I finished another painting project but I can’t post photos until I make curtains for the glass doors. So… hopefully I will get those done and be able to post pictures soon. In the meantime I think I went a little overboard on organizing. A bit of nesting OCD. My studio is in the bottom floor of our home. I don’t like to call it a basement because it is not, it is fully finished, with a door to outside, windows etc. So I call it the bottom floor. Anyway…. we have an a/c storage room and a storage room where our boiler is. I completely emptied out both rooms, scrubbed and scoured, organized everything and neatly put everything in it’s place. My poor husband was such a trooper taking trip after trip to donation. What got me started on this is that we closed our physical boutique location and are in the process of moving the whole store online. Well I need to make room for inventory storage and for display furniture that I want to bring home to decorate the house and studio. So it was a major domino effect. I am in love with the result though! We haven’t been this organized since we bought this house almost 8 years ago!

Because I was off playing around with totes and labels, the Boutique didn’t get updated/the online store had no products added for the past few days. So this morning we ( Miss Lily) and I are playing catch up. Then for more organizing of the studio to bring yet more stuff home from the boutique :) I think Lily decided she wanted the day off….

Photo Oct 29, 10 34 16 AM

 
October 18th, 2014

I am getting things checked off my to do list a few at a time! I finished two projects yesterday… Here is one of them. A beautiful hutch with a ton of character!

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5216.JPG

 
October 17th, 2014

I bought this buffet from a dear friend of mine and have had it for a few years. I really wanted to brighten up the room and I think a makeover is just what this buffet needed. *if you spot paint anywhere it ahouldn’t be, don’t tell me. I dripped the can of paint and paint went everywhere… What a nughtmare!*

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5175.JPGIMG_5176.JPG

 
October 16th, 2014

It has looked like fall around my house for a while now… And i am just getting around to taking pictures. Yes I am ashamed of how I have neglected by blog… However I have good intentions! Ok enough blabbering… Here are the pictures of out fall mantle decorations…

IMG_5161.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

 

I think things are starting to look up and I am finally getting into the swing of things! For as long as I can remember I have been sluggish and tired, upset stomach… a whole lot of not so good things. Turns out… I am allergic to gluten. Hello life changer!

I am sleeping better, I feel great! No more stomach pains, cramps, I feel like a new person! So now I have a laundry list of things to get done and projects to get finished.

Some I have already checked off due to the fact that we are doing IVF this month. We have tried for 11 years and was recently diagnosed with pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and will be doing our first (and hopefully last, crossing our fingers) IVF cycle this month. So I have tried to get all the big projects out of the way in preparation for being pregnant. Here are some of them that I am happy to say are finished!

wpid-Photo-20140801111254.jpg

Before and after… Loving our new kitchen!

wpid-Photo-20140801111254.jpg

New backsplash

I finished installing this new backsplash at around midnight… It was a labor of love! And a lot of labor it was, all of the cabinets had to be removed along with all of the hardware. I numbered them all so they would go back in the same place. I painted everything with two valspar bonding primer (no did not sand a thing!) and then I painted two coats of the chosen paints. I used Valspar Reserve. I let them dry for a day or so and then I went over all the cabinets with shabby paints clear wax.

Then I decided to give our garage doors a facelift… for this I just taped out the pattern, painted (again with valspar reserve but this time I used exterior) and then added the hardware to give the doors the nostalgic carriage door look that I wanted.

wpid-Photo-20140801111254.jpg

Not to mention that he baby room is painted, reprinted the master bedroom, made a new office for the hubby and moved my studio back home :) Now if I can muster up the energy to get projects finished and up in the new online store I would be one happy girl!